- audience: Who is the report for?
- organization: How are you going to organize the material ?
- layout: What headings and subheadings are relevant?
- introduction and conclusion: How is the first paragraph introducing the topics that are going to be reported? Is a conclusion necessary? Have you succeeded in summarizing the most important issues?
- index and appendix/appendices: Are they necessary? What do they contribute?
There are different types of reports. Click on the following links to obtain more information: Study Skills Centre, student services, Vanier College
If you click on the case study report from Monash University (Australia) and the famous Flo-Joe's site for Cambridge exams, you will find two interesting interactive samples with relevant comments and corrections. Really useful!!